Poll: Who will win the game? (Clips 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
45.00%
9 45.00%
Clippers
55.00%
11 55.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: LAC (13-5) @ DAL (11-6) | 99-114 loss
(11-27-2019, 02:08 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Oh yes.  RC does jerk players around.  They DO lose confidence.  JJ and Maxi are good examples of this.  Crowder is another.  Crowder mostly just got mad...and is still mad.

12 player suit up. It's not feasible to have a consistent 12 player rotation. Not everyone can be in the rotation. Some of the consistent rotation players play more minutes than others. Some play less. The non-rotation players need work sometimes and have skills to offer in certain situations. If the rotation tightens in a big game, some players play less than normal. If non-rotation players get burn then someone has to play less. Sometimes matchups dictate that some play less and some play more.

It's a fact of life that not every NBA player gets consistent minutes. It would be impossible for every player to get consistent minutes.

The "jerks players around" stuff makes no sense to me. I think all it really means is "the coach doesn't play who I want him to play".

But the crazy thing about all the fuss about rotations is this forum at times simultaneously claims that "players get jerked around" AND that "Coach should have left them in longer" or " brought them back sooner". If some players "stay in longer" or "come back sooner" then someone else is going to get "jerked around".

It's not smart basketball talk.

And the thing about Crowder is that he lost his potential starting job because of a free agent signing. It makes sense that he was mad! He's competitve! But it was the right move at the time since the free agent was better than him at that time. Crowder is better now but he wasn't when the decision was made.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: LAC (13-5) @ DAL (11-6) | 99-114 loss - by fifteenth - 11-27-2019, 02:48 PM