Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114
(11-27-2019, 12:52 PM)iolide Wrote: Excuse the ignorance guys, but, I'd honestly like to know how valuable the exception is?

I remember a few months back seeing people say that exceptions are worth much anymore or don't hold the same value. Is that true?

In what way could you use the exception in a trade?
We used some of it in the offseason, can't remember who it was partially used for. The amount left is $11.8M. We can only use it in a trade with 1 single player coming back and we cannot combine it with any of our players outgoing. The amount cannot go over the value of the TE. I looked yesterday for guys that might be at that level, but the thing is, they're all mostly what we have already and mostly in the $9-10M range. 

As I was looking, the best I could come up with as a target was Jerami Grant. I see him as on par with what we got currently, although I'm really low on Powell, and I was already low on him before. Biggest problem with him is the FO seemingly giving his play a pass. I think he'd be just fine on the bench with a lower contract. Not sure why he got a bigger one than Maxi as the two of them are basically on par with eachother, I just like defense more so I lean toward Maxi.

If you want to follow the exercise I did yesterday, I just brought up all the teams on the espn trade checker and looked for guys in the $8.5-11.5M range on each roster.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114 - by ItsGoTime - 11-27-2019, 01:47 PM