Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players
The hiatus didn't last long. I checked out box scores and highlights from the first two games in the streak, and watched the last three games. This is can't-miss Mavs fandom time. Luka is transcendent, while KP is developing in the one area of the game we expected to excel at (defense and rim protection), as well as many things I don't think they saw in NY (significant improvement on the boards, great dirty work and team play). His offense will come around. 

The rankings as of now...
1) THJ. I can't believe I just typed that. I'm not sure he will ever be worth that damned contract, but if he plays as he did during this five-game streak consistently, he will. If nothing else, his improved play skyrockets his trade value from albatross negative to slightly negative. The Mavs will have to determine whether they want to #$%@ with the chemistry enough to make a big deal. 

2) DFS. Goodness gracious, the two players most responsible for me taking the hiatus in the first place top the list! Defense, dirty work, complementary play... Still not yet an average starter, but getting there.

3) Wright. Still the best signing of the offseason. Defense, attacking the rim, good decision-making... I put DFS above him this week because playing with Luka was supposed to raise his 3p%. Not yet. 

4) Brunson. Excellent, crafty play every time he gets burn. Why is he getting so little? Another player who needs to spend lots of time in the gym shooting threes. 

5) Kleber. While his defense on Siakam was key to the win, Maxi has been overmatched at times and not so great offensively. 

6) Justin. Still not playing as often as he should. Hopefully his minutes will increase as the season goes on. Perhaps the Mavs' most efficient offensive player. 

7) Boban. It's disappointing that he was effective in the two blowouts, but not used at all in the competitive games. 

8) Curry. Bad time to get sick, dude. But it contributed to seeing the impact THJ could have playing next to Luka and learning to play within himself. Seth had good contributions to the first two games.

9) JJB. Fun to see him in the Cavs blowout. I think he could help the team in bursts if he were needed - and he may be, if a major trade is made that ships out a couple of the guys ahead of him for a single player.

10) Powell. Still not impressed, at all. The Mavs' biggest upgrade necessity. 

11) Ryan from accounting. Good to see him get burn in the blowouts. Still think his shooting could help the Mavs once in a while. 

12) Lee. That's it, Court. Jack up that trade value.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by Scott41theMavs - 11-25-2019, 01:01 PM