Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp
(12-29-2021, 03:23 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Passing topic is interesting...

This a really great post!

After I listened to Locked on Mavs I found that video about passing that I started another thread with. Considering all of it together, I think I agree with you that, of course, a super pass heavy offense is not the only way to produce an efficient offense. And regarding the Mavs, I don't know that a pass heavy offense is the best way to maximize a Luka lead team, or the best use of the Mavs current roster. 

However, I can see the need for diversification. Producing more motion and passing for possessions where Luka is off the ball makes sense to me. And a coach intentionally calling for possessions where Luka is off the ball makes sense to me. 

Somehow the team has to maximize Luka (which may very well be something like 5-out or spread pnr), but also have a back up plan that adds unpredictability, gives Luka a break, and gives our non-Luka players a chance to succeed when Luka's out and/or when he plays off the ball. It seems like the movement and passing that we've seen while Luka has been out over the last 8 games could be a possible answer or that back up plan, or secondary piece of the offensive system.
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ballsrchr, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp - by fifteenth - 12-29-2021, 01:35 PM
RE: Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp - by fifteenth - 12-29-2021, 03:46 PM
RE: Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp - by cow - 12-29-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: Locked on Mavs talks to Jake Kemp - by F Gump - 12-29-2021, 09:48 PM