Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship"
(12-16-2021, 07:25 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Hold on there Nacho. Go check the tape. You started this with "2007". Now you want to use 2008, 2009 and 2010 as evidence?
If a person thought a GM wasn't the right person in that position, why would they want to go through those later years of 1st round exits? The meltdown of 2007 was plenty of excuse to make big changes. Before 2007, during the Don years, one could tell that the team wasn't built to win a finals if they weren't squinting so hard with their Mavs colored glasses on. They also weren't coached to win it all either (I'm talking during the Don years). Some really good pieces playing over their head (namely Josh Howard who I really liked, but he wasn't a #2 option on offense in a playoff sense), kinda like the last few years with this team currently.

I think it was the toine/tawn acquisitions that soured me on Donnie that told me he was just gonna keep doing things like that to ruin the team and build with an offense first mentality. That doesn't win championships no matter how hard a person wants it to.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship" - by ItsGoTime - 12-17-2021, 10:33 AM