Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship"
(12-16-2021, 04:44 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Revisionist history. Plenty of evidence, namely all their 1st round exits. Donnie stumbled across a good roster in 2011 and Dirk was ready to put together the best playoff run the game has ever seen. If it wasn't for Dirk saving Donnie's butt all those years, he would have been shown to be the fraud of a GM that he is. Great scout, should've been head of the scouting department. GM? NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

As long as you wear the stretchy pants!

IMO Donnie was a very good coach. Whether his international coaching or coaching the Mavs the odd game when Nellie got tossed, I remember really liking his coaching style and rotations. However I can’t blame him for not going back to that once he got the GM gig. 

Donnie as a GM did very well the first half of his tenure here.  The Mavs should have won in 2006 and then had to do it with a different cast around Dirk and JeT in 2011. I will never take anything away from anyone associated with that title. All deserve a lot of credit. 

Where Donnie started showing his flaws is when Cuban was no longer the new kid on the block outbidding everyone else. Asset management, stacking picks, and hitting doubles instead of trying to hit home runs was not his forte.  He should have been let go a few years earlier. Luka was acknowledged as the top talent other than MPJ. Teams like Atl and Sac messing up is just their stupidity. Some other GM missing on him would be difficult to believe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship" - by hakeemfaan - 12-16-2021, 05:22 PM