Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship"
(12-16-2021, 12:09 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I read an article linked here...I assumed it was the article by McMahan from ESPN or whatever...and it mentioned Dirk wanting Rondo and the Analytics department was against it.  I believe it was the same article that DSJ tweeted was true.

Anyway.   Our team is getting open looks...cant deny that.   But our players are underwhelming.  Obviously the analytics department doesnt have final say because we got Rondo...but whoever is signing these one trick ponies needs to look into more talented players...like Rondo.   Thats what I am trying to say.   I get the whole scheme thing.

I think the Rondo stuff came up in conversation discussing the article. Maybe in connection with questions raised as to how much or little power Rick actually had in terms of signing players. 

Believe me, I'm not defending the front office in terms of their ability or lack thereof to secure appropriate talent to support their superstars. Was just attempting to answer your question about what the thinking might have been on the Rondo situation. I agree with you that they need to find more talented players. I don't think they necessarily should try to sign Rondo, even if he is available. But sure, more talent > less talent.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship" - by mavsluvr - 12-16-2021, 12:30 PM