Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship"
(12-15-2021, 03:01 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I think that the reason the Jamahl thing even came to public attention was Rick's implicitly throwing Jamahl under the bus on the way out, volunteering a hope that Kidd would succeed him when Mosley was still considered a candidate. Thus inviting public scrutiny as to why he would do such a weird thing. 

I was disappointed in the unforced error at the time, but it sounds like he was quite frustrated, and I guess we all have our moments of weakness.

Mcmahon said the Mosley rumour before RC talked to him, when he was desperate to get clicks while Cato was getting all the attention.

RC talked about Kidd when he was hired with Pacers, and few hours later it was announced that Kidd will be our coach, through ESPN. 
Was clear to me that RC was more or less their source to the story, he knew all about it and just gave his blessing, for whatever reason, to Kidd. 

(12-15-2021, 03:06 PM)cow Wrote: The Mitchell vs DSJ thing is interesting in that maybe Rick had a lot less influence over the roster than I thought.  It just begs so many questions:

-Was Rick consulted on Rondo?
-If Rick didn't have much of a voice and Donnie really wanted Giannis, is that blunder solely on Cuban?

Cuban and RC talked about it after, and it was said that RC tried to block the deal as he didn't think Rondo fit the team, Cuban went with it anyway. Cuban talked that this was a "lesson" to him to hear his coach. 
Worth noting that RC was always the highest profile coach who never assumed any front office job, and that was during a time that this was considered normal. 
Last time he renewed he was best paid coach with zero front office task.

I think he simply was a consultant at best regarding roster structure, I am sure his opinion was valued but not to the extent a long tenured coach like him would be.
That said, despite him being right, I think coach should not have big say in draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship" - by khaled1987 - 12-15-2021, 08:50 PM