Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship"
(12-15-2021, 04:21 PM)MangaAfterDark Wrote: The Mavs 100% presented DSJ as a cornerstone until it was obvious that he wasnt. Nobody knew Dirk was going to be That Dude until he proved it, I still remember the days were people openly made fun of Dallas because our best player "wasnt elite". Luka was the 3rd overall pick so he obviously had higher expectations, but the team thought DSJ was going to be a really good starter for a competing team, or we really are the worst drafting team in pro sports.

I totally buy that this was their hope. But that's a long way from saying they were counting on him to be the franchise's next Dirk, which I don't remember anyone ever saying. 

Anyway, what was the point of this argument? To defend the idea that a story about a "former future franchise cornerstone" falling out of the rotation is worth telling? 

The story was presented as one about the dissolution of the relationship between Luka and Rick, not a story about why DSJ was a bust in Dallas. I actually don't question that that is a story worth telling, and if DSJ's falling out of the rotation was really an important factor in that, then by all means, let's hear it. I don't know whether that was really the case in anyone's mind but DSJ's, but you never know. I doubt if anyone besides DSJ is going to come out and confirm or deny it, so it may remain a matter shrouded in mystery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mavsluvr's post:
  • MangaAfterDark
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship" - by mavsluvr - 12-15-2021, 04:31 PM