Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship"
(12-15-2021, 11:41 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Some people around here don't like Tim because he skews towards looking for the negative sometimes. But he's a real live actual journalist/reporter. He uses sources and gets stories. I think he actually does a good job of not mxing his own editorializing in to a story than Cato does. Cato almost always mixes the two.

My only resentment is, that this story is published half a year after RC, a Dallas coach for 13 years, left Mavs. I don't consider this as something really worth praising. A good journalist would come to this story during those 13 years, imho. Cato at least published his piece while Donnie and RC were both still with Mavs. As far as what was really going on we will never be able to fully understand as we always get just fragments leaving a lot to individual interpretation. 

It might be fair to note that RC was actually pretty much spot on with assessment of the players mentioned. I think a lot of disagreements come from different viewpoints of the coach and player about his ability and role. I think RC was very good at assessing best roles for players. 

Main take - Mavs hate Luka as they immediately trade/cut any player he becomes friend with. Smith, Mejri and Barea, only Boban somehow manages to fly under the radar. I guess everyone is too scared of his size Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLE: "Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle: The dissolution of their relationship" - by omahen - 12-15-2021, 12:15 PM