Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS
(12-14-2021, 02:45 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I don’t think you need “Luka ball” at all if Luka ball means all of the negatives I listed above. 

I am not asking Luka to be Magic or Kidd. I am saying he can score just like Jokic scores. Like CP3 scores. 

The problem is a lot of the media and fans ( including Cuban who gloated about the European way va AAU hero ball) rushed to anoint Luka as a basketball savant. They point to the Euroleague MVP and the Olympics to show how Luka is already there. However when we see on a daily basis especially his tendency to be a volume 3 pt shooter with poor efficiency is not an aberration.  A lot of what he does can be termed as AAU heroball stuff. 

Luka is a phenomenal talent. Just like a Harden. They are not basketball savants yet. I am not saying it because of the lack of a title. I consider CP3 as a savant despite no titles. Luka’s game needs a lot of growth. Mostly on the mental part.

I dont think Luka takes dumb shots in the Playoffs though.   I think Luka is pretty on point when it matters.  Im not saying he is perfect...but he is about there.   Hes just really really good at basketball offensively.

I have no complaints with Playoff Luka...its night in night out Reg Season Luka I have a few issues with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS - by dynamicalVoid - 12-14-2021, 03:11 PM