Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS
(12-14-2021, 09:18 AM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Ive said it quite a few times around here...save Luka-ball for the Playoffs.   You cant argue that Luka isnt super efficient.  On the other hand...I think teammates get bored/disengaged with his ball dominance night in and night out.  Not to mention it isnt as enjoyable of a product just watching one guy every night(Luka is amazing dont get me wrong).

I suggest Luka/Kidd/Mavs lay off the Luka usage a little and get others involved.   We still need to win games to make it to post season...but get others involved.   It can only help the team.   Chemistry becomes tighter and guys get in a rhythm and more comfortable with the ball in their hands which can only help in the playoffs.

I don’t think you need “Luka ball” at all if Luka ball means all of the negatives I listed above. 

I am not asking Luka to be Magic or Kidd. I am saying he can score just like Jokic scores. Like CP3 scores. 

The problem is a lot of the media and fans ( including Cuban who gloated about the European way va AAU hero ball) rushed to anoint Luka as a basketball savant. They point to the Euroleague MVP and the Olympics to show how Luka is already there. However when we see on a daily basis especially his tendency to be a volume 3 pt shooter with poor efficiency is not an aberration.  A lot of what he does can be termed as AAU heroball stuff. 

Luka is a phenomenal talent. Just like a Harden. They are not basketball savants yet. I am not saying it because of the lack of a title. I consider CP3 as a savant despite no titles. Luka’s game needs a lot of growth. Mostly on the mental part.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS - by hakeemfaan - 12-14-2021, 02:45 PM