Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS
@"mavsluvr", I don't think I represent all Mavs fans, or even all Mavs fans who want Luka to be in shape. And I may be in danger of repeating stuff, but I think this answer addresses your speculation about what Mavs fans are after, so... 

I don't want Luka to be in shape because of "principle", or "outrage", or the look of his body. I want him to learn to eat right and take care of himself because I want Luka to be an all time great, not a John Wall or a James Harden. 

I feel for the guy and know that playing the amount of basketball he's played, and load he's had to carry over the last two years is insane. I would not have been suprised if an in shape Luka had a bit of an off year with some injuries to overcome just because of that. So I'm taking all of that in to account.

To carry a good bit of extra weight with his level of calorie usage, in my mind, points to bad diet and/or alchohol. For Luka to be an all time great I think he'll have to learn how to control his eating and minimize alcohol usage. It seems like the progress in health science and the direction of professional sports regarding the importance of diet makes these things almost not debatable. 

I learned this stuff from Dirk!
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS - by fifteenth - 12-13-2021, 05:31 PM