Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS
(12-13-2021, 02:30 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: What do we disagree on, hakeem? 

Seems like we both think Luka should do his best and the cast needs to be better.

Sorry to but in, but I think both points are stipulated by the majority here. 

The concern is that Luka is a team focus and is judged behind the curve of his critic's expectations for fitness and leadership, not without some validity.

I'm not thrilled with his performance so far this season, but I'm empathetic enough to understand that his schedule the last 1 1/2 years hasn't left much down time and willing to cut him some slack. Although I worry he's going to become Zion Junior if he doesn't pay attention to his health. 

That said, if the rest of the team was performing efficiently and Luka was an anchor on their success, then I'd be much more in favor of isolating him as the problem, but the problems are team-wide and having Luka 15 pounds lighter isn't going to solve that. 

I know Kidd wants to reduce dependency on 3pt scoring, but to shoot this poorly for this long with essentially the same roster that lit it up the last two years is concerning. The guys that are gone (excepting Curry) were not 3pt magicians either, so something is going on with scheme or confidence that isn't working.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS - by michaeltex - 12-13-2021, 02:59 PM