Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS
(12-13-2021, 12:24 PM)F Gump Wrote:
This response is troublesome. The co
aching staff response is that we need to know the excuses Luka isn’t in peak shape, rather than admit the issue exists and is worthy of concern. The fact that they try to downplay it indicates they probably see it as a much bigger deal than we know.

In fact, many of the excuses he offers are really RESULTS of bad conditioning, or reasons for him to prioritize top condition, rather than a real justification. He's playing a lot of games, he's getting hurt, he has a huge load, being out of shape makes it hard to rebound, he's playing heavy minutes - all of those demand that conditioning is a priority, not an afterthought. IOW, looks like TNT is correct.

I don't take anything Reggie and Charles say very seriously, but I guess there are some who think they are the fount of all wisdom, so whatever floats your boat in that regard. 

I think there are two fundamentally different points of view being circulated about Luka. There seems to be some general consensus that he could stand to be in better condition. One point of view regarding that appears to be that he is in fact working as hard as he can on his conditioning, consistent with having to play hurt for 35+ mpg and all the rest. The other seems to be that he doesn't care, is a lazy, selfish oaf, and that the team would be better off without Luka the Loser dragging them down. 

If the second point of view is correct, I could sort of understand the lack of motivation from Luka, considering the situation. The harder and faster you run on the treadmill of mediocrity, the more times you end up in exactly the same place. But, I don't really buy that the second view accurately represents the facts. All the "inside" reports are to the contrary, and Luka has been a pro for such a long time, I doubt that he has thrown his professionalism to the wind at this point. 

Of course, I don't have the personal information to say with assurance which of these competing views is true, or if the facts are somewhere between the two extremes. I respectfully doubt that you do, either. I hope the situation gets resolved soon, now that he is getting some treatment and rest.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS - by mavsluvr - 12-13-2021, 12:43 PM