Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS
(12-13-2021, 11:11 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Not disagreeing for the most partl. At the same time that argument cuts both ways The franchise player has to stay ready. Else you can get even another top tier star and the team won’t win any titles 

Luka cannot control what the front office does. He can control being the best version of Luka that he currently can. Being in shape; Not hogging the ball for bad shots; Getting back on defense; Working on his FT %.  We can and should hold him accountable for those things.

Did it seem like I was trying to make the point that Luka shouldn't have to do his best? If so, I really need to sharpen up my writing skills. (Not a bad idea every so often in any case, I guess.)

Of course, Luka should do the best he can. I think he has been playing on that bad ankle for a long while now, and I might add to your list to consider not to keep trying to play hurt on an injury that isn't healing. I suppose that would also involve the coach and the training staff. 

Here is the point I was trying to make. Yes, all the players should keep their bodies in shape and keep working on their craft, and the coach should still try to tinker with the lineups and the systems, etc., because that's all any of them can do in the short term. 

But after 26 games, it seems to me that in the big picture this is all just amounting to taking a ball of string and some Elmer's glue to a fundamentally broken old clunker. This is not how I was viewing the season before it happened, but I am reluctantly coming to that conclusion now. Yes, they should keep doing whatever they can, but I think their efforts are pretty much an exercise in futility without a significant upgrade to the roster. Maybe an upgrade to the coaching too, although I am willing to say the jury is still out on that. 

Maybe this isn't even a point worth making, since there probably isn't anything to be done about it today or tomorrow. I just get the feeling sometimes, listening to Cuban talk about how they're still adjusting to the ball and all, that whoever is running the show at the Mavs is focusing on a few lightly singed trees and missing the fact that the forest is burning down around them. Hope I'm wrong, of course.
[-] The following 4 users Like mavsluvr's post:
  • BasketballJones41, KillerLeft, LukTheShadow, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS - by mavsluvr - 12-13-2021, 11:58 AM