Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS
mavsluvr. i totally agree with you that with the current personnel it looks bleak. Need some changes. A different coach might mask some things but ultimately it is putting lipstick on a pig. Let us also not forget that Luka was not on great terms with RC either or else RC probably would not have left here.  So whether Kidd is a good choice or not, we would have seen a change here. 

As for Luka’s conditioning, I have written in quite a few threads but if he griped less to the officials and got back consistently, I would have much less of a complaint that he is getting back in shape during the season. 
However it is not optimal for him either as it does put him at injury risk. 

My bigger problem with Luka all along has been his volume 3 pt shooting and the fact that a lot of them come at the expense of a good offensive flow, even when RC was the coach. 

To me Jokic is the gold standard on offense. Westbrook also averaged a triple double but IMO he didn’t have great court vision and his assists were based on dominating the ball. You can’t blame him because he doesn’t have the innate skill to play like a Jokic. Luka IMO does.  Score at certain stretches but don’t force bad shots or have the ball stick in your hands constantly. Even with this mismatched cast, IMO Luka can average 15 to 16 assists every night easily. That’s the change I want to see in him. Plus improve FT %  Everything else I can live with it. Don’t try to be Steph. No one can be that guy.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, dmavs4life03, Fuerza1
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS - by hakeemfaan - 12-11-2021, 01:53 PM