Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS
The reports are he came 30 lbs over his listed weight. That is not a few pounds. 

I keep reading by some on how players play into shape during the season. When did Kobe, LeBron, MJ play themselves into shape during the season?  That is the difference between elite talent that maximizes their potential vs a Harden type who does not. 

No matter how much you are in shape game conditioning is different from practice. So yes it takes some weeks before players get into the groove of game conditioning.  That is different from being out of shape. That means you have to first lose all that excess fat while trying to get into game condition as well which makes you more susceptible to injury as well. 

As for the offense, as I have said previously, the so called vaunted Mavs offense the past few years seemed to stall in the clutch against good teams. Then in the playoffs in the most important game this team has played in 5 years the team laid an offensive egg with the chance to win the series at home. During the series itself RC was throwing sht on the wall with his lineups with Burke and Boban suddenly getting a lot more minutes because the regular offense was not working. How can we just forget all that and romanticize the past?  

Yes we might be worse now, but that’s why I am willing to give Kidd a longer leash, because the previous offense got exposed in the clutch against good teams. Kidd wouldn’t have been my choice as a coach but I want to see what he can do.
[-] The following 4 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • fifteenth, Fuerza1, Kammrath, Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIKE SHEDD GIVES COACHING PERSPECTIVE ON MAVS - by hakeemfaan - 12-11-2021, 11:55 AM