Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: mid season tournament prize may be an extra draft pick?
I am glad they are trying some ideas. I don't want to mess up stats but they are already changing bc the game has changed so dramatically anyway. I would love for them to find a way to kill back-to-back games which are the worst to watch and aren't good for the players either. Reseeding the playoffs irregardless of conference is good and will benefit the Mavs who play in the better conference. I like the wildcard-type contest with the lower seeded teams. The in-season tournament would be good if they replace the All-star game. Good teams might not play their starters but it gives some of the other teams something to do and the benefit is it could potentially feature stars more from non-contenders. I think of it as a tournament for up-and-coming teams. It wouldn't shock me at all if the Mavs won a tournament like that which gave Luka more exposure. It would be nice if there was something on the line, I haven't read what exactly you get other than bragging rights. Even if that's all it is some teams will go for it just to have something to play for. I would love it if they did this tourney in favor of killing the all-star game that no one watches and a few regular season games.

(11-23-2019, 03:50 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: The in-season tourney is cumbersome, but could be fun.  I would have to see more about how the mechanics work to form a better opinion.  As a fantasy basketball participant, it would mess stuff up.  It is also a nightmare to schedule. Where do you schedule the games?  Do eliminated teams just sit around for a week?

I am picturing that they would do a single elimination game to make it more exciting with just 4 rounds. You could do that in a couple weeks and the losing teams get extra rest. Some of the contenders will rest their stars which is a feature not a bug. It gives other teams a chance to showcase their stars. I think as long as the NBA players are getting good playoff checks they will be motivated to play hard. To me the big incentive to win would be a guaranteed invite to the wildcard playoffs later on. A mediocre team could get hot for 4 games and guarantee a play-in wildcard spot.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduction of Season to 78 games and in season tournament being discussed? - by StepBackJay - 11-23-2019, 04:47 PM