Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: mid season tournament prize may be an extra draft pick?
I think the play-in is terrible.  You have an 82 game schedule that would be pretty much nullified by 2 games at the end.  Have the season mean something.  Hate it that MLB does this as well.  If you want to give incentive to the higher seeds, do it like the NFL does and give a bye to the top teams and expand the playoffs.  

The in-season tourney is cumbersome, but could be fun.  I would have to see more about how the mechanics work to form a better opinion.  As a fantasy basketball participant, it would mess stuff up.  It is also a nightmare to schedule. Where do you schedule the games?  Do eliminated teams just sit around for a week?

As for the re-seeding, I have hated the conference/division breakdown forever.  The schedule has been unbalanced for too long.  That is the worst part of NBA scheduling - outside of back to backs.  I can't stand that one conference gets artificially higher records and playoff seedings based on the inequitable schedule.  Also, it aids in keeping that conference down by pulling teams from the lottery spots that wouldn't be playoff teams in the other conference - giving them worse draft positioning.  Again, the NFL leads the way in this and builds in naturally better matchups where top teams meet more often - which is better for ratings AND parity.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduction of Season to 78 games and in season tournament being discussed? - by Mavsfan12 - 11-23-2019, 03:50 PM