Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.5 pt RAPTOR & 9.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
7 100.00%
Pelicans
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GAME 10: NOP (1-10) @ DAL (7-3) | 108-92 win
(11-09-2021, 09:04 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's funny because I didn't even think KP had much of a standout game last night.

I agree that he laid his usual series of bricks. 

But, the aggressive catch-and-shoot misses (in open situations) have never bothered me. He has to shoot those, and whatever the percentages say, he looks comfortable doing so, and the defense has to respect him from outside. It's an important role. 

The bad turnarounds might've bothered me, only last night I saw some things I didn't all of last season. For one thing, it was not a forgone conclusion that he was going to get a shot up exactly 1.7 seconds after pass he received. I saw him move the ball, relocate, etc. For another, there actually were instances last night of him flooring the ball, drawing attention and then passing the ball on time and on target to create offense for other players. I honestly thought I'd never see the day. 

Defensively, there were maybe only 3 possessions (that I caught and can remember) during which I thought he was abused or lazy. Honestly, there were probably more possessions where I thought his defense was a positive than ever before (might be romanticizing this due to how terrible he was last season). 

I'm trying to meet the dude halfway, here. He certainly hasn't been a max-level superstar these past two games, but I'm comfortable claiming that he has played like a good player who I'd want to be a Maverick twice in a row. That's a big deal for me!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 10: NOP (1-10) @ DAL (7-3) | 108-92 win - by KillerLeft - 11-09-2021, 09:14 AM