Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAACP sends letter to players to not sign with Texas teams. Mavs included
*stay out of this* *stay out of this*  Oh Sh*t.  I'm definitely way over the age to vote by mail, but I still have a dog in this hunt.  There should be NO restrictions for any American citizen to vote.  Notice; I say American citizen.

I was lucky growing up.  My family had very little prejudice against any race.  So I had a good start in the race thing.  In fact, I really didn't know about racial prejudice...for the most part.  I grew up in an area where "most" of the prejudice was against Mexicans.  I'm too old to know if that word is bad to say, but that's where it is.  I quickly learned that Mexican (American citizens) people are just like us (white people).  I also grew up in a time that the "n" word was bad, still is, Negro was the right word, but later I guess "black people" was the preferred modifying  pronoun (is that right?).  I was flat shocked the first time I was in a bus station in Mobile, Alabama and saw the different eating areas for blacks and whites.  The signs had been painted over, but you could easily still see them.  Anyway...I can't keep up with what everybody wants to be called...and I don't want to.  To me...white, black, brown, red, yellow (for the life of me I can't understand that one), or purple...we should refer to ourselves as Americans.  And until each and every one of us can look in a mirror and say, "....I see an American!"...we will continue to have problems in this country.

Now back to American citizens.  I don't see any problem with the need to prove we are American citizens.  I just can't understand what the problem is.  There are multitudes of people who will help anyone acquire the necessary documents to prove we are Americans...and I'm only talking about US Americans.  The other Americas have their own problems.

One BIG problem I see now with the newer immigrants--legal and illegal (I still call them illegal aliens)--are that when they come to America they are not coming to be "American" citizens. They are bringing "their" country with them.  That's a big can of worms.  

Well...I guess I've said enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NAACP sends letter to players to not sign with Texas teams. Mavs included - by ballsrchr - 11-02-2021, 10:03 AM