Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAACP sends letter to players to not sign with Texas teams. Mavs included
(10-29-2021, 06:59 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: You are focusing on just the ID aspect but the ramifications go far beyond that. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/09/07/polit...index.html

This is not just about the difficulty in procuring IDs which itself is a problem for many poor people, but let us even park that aside. 

Check the changes in the link I have given This is about knowing voting patterns and targeting those who don’t vote for the Republican Party. Why would anyone be opposed to giving unsolicited information to others about mail in ballots? Why oppose  have 24x7 voting? (Florida is pretty much the standard for everything working smoothly during COVID and there isn't any 24/7 voting here -- that's not oppressive) Why make it more difficult for disabled workers?  Why empower some poll worker to monitor what I do at the ballot knowing most poll workers tend to be white?  This is about making it difficult and uncomfortable for sections of the population who the party feels won’t vote for them.  Plus in the past there have been shenanigans by the Republican Party to spread rumors about cops and arrests. Even minorities who have nothing to hide feel scared because of the nature of how interactions with law enforcement goes and they stay away. 

If it were just about IDs, though we may have a disagreement, I would probably end up supporting you because every country requires valid ID. However read then about why certain folks have it difficult and fight for them to make the process easier. Fight against the other provisions in this law that make it more difficult to vote just because the ones being targeted might not vote for one specific party. Whether we vote for the same party or not we both should be on the same side when it comes to opposing a lot of these changes in the new bill.

I'm not going with you on the blue after your analysis basically comes from the Democrat Propganda Machine.  I'll read the act myself and make my own judgment.  They spent billions trying to bury a high school kid because he was white and they thought it would help the Democrats win an election...and they just paid a HUGE settlement to get out of it...so, no...You can buy that beachfront property in Arizona from CNN, but you won't catch me doing it. 

If when I read the bill myself, I'll make my own judgment, like I've started doing with all this nonsense, because you can't trust any major news sources.  Everything that Eric Bradner (who wrote the article) writes is "woohoo Democrats are awesome" and hasn't ever given a fair shake to a conservative cause or candidate...  Loved the hit piece on Mike Pence he wrote "breaking" that Trump had tabbed him for the VP role...right out of the gate.  He can go back to Franklin College for my money.  So no...Bradner is a pinnochio man for me.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 3 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Dahlsim, embellisher
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NAACP sends letter to players to not sign with Texas teams. Mavs included - by TXBamanut - 10-29-2021, 08:18 PM