Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAACP sends letter to players to not sign with Texas teams. Mavs included
(10-29-2021, 02:45 PM)Arioch Wrote: The argument is not that black and brown voters have a hard time getting a government id. It's that poor people have a harder time getting government ID (far from offices, lack of transportation, lack of paperwork in general). And since black and brown citizens are disproportionately lower income, they are disproportionately affected by things that are harder on poor people than on the better-off.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy this argument at all.  It's a red herring that really, imho, insults black and brown voters and people.  That's the argument, but I don't buy it or at very least, the percentage you are actually talking about is so small it's almost nil.  IDs are required for so much in this country and people don't bat an eyelash or talk about it here, including the Democrats who tout this so heavily...they just bring it up it very closed context.

Anyone is totally free to subscribe to that, but I don't buy it.

(10-29-2021, 03:35 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Hate to talk about US social/political issues, but with salary cap rules in those leagues, and the message being for coloured athletes, aren't they basically telling those colored athletes to leave more money on the table, that inevitably will go to white athletes. 
Feels counterproductive, so I must be missing something

It's a political stunt, that's all, imho.  That's my opinion.  All done for more of a "virtue signaling" thing that really won't change anything.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 2 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • ballsrchr, BasketballJones41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NAACP sends letter to players to not sign with Texas teams. Mavs included - by TXBamanut - 10-29-2021, 03:47 PM