Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
90.00%
9 90.00%
Spurs
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4: SAS (1-4) @ DAL (3-1) | 104-99 win
(10-28-2021, 10:03 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I like that Kidd seems to play the moments a lot more than Carlisle. Carlisle basically decided line-ups and minutes before the game and stuck with it, no matter what, probably playing the odds that in the long-run this yields the best results. Kidd on the other hand seems to take every game individually. If some role-player/line-up has a hot hand/stretch, then you ride it, till it goes cold. Kidd found that comeback line-up in the 2nd quarter and he threw them out there at the start of the 4th again.

I too prefer this method. It probably is painted as inefficient according to some analytics, but I love that Kidd plays the moments.

Followill mentioned today on the broadcast that Kidd said of his first challenge that he used against the Rockets with that obvious miscall out of bounds in the 3rd, that he used it because he wanted the team to learn how it felt to have the momentum of the lead and to recognize it.  The Mavs were up maybe 4 points if I remember correct, but they had all the momentum, and from then built a 10 point lead quickly. I love that from Kidd. Lots to critique still, but that's something I really enjoy from Kidd.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 4: SAS (1-4) @ DAL (3-1) | 104-99 win - by SleepingHero - 10-28-2021, 10:15 PM