Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
14 77.78%
Hawks
22.22%
4 22.22%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ ATL (1-0) | 113-87 loss
Obviously, the game was a disappointment for Mav fans. But I think it's best to let it go and move forward.

That said...
I think ATL was primed (season opener, home opener, Trae vs Luka, etc.) plus they had several days to focus on how to play DAL for this game. Let's see if they can keep it up once the games start coming every other night.

If Kidd wants to emphasize more of the mid-range game, he's going to have to figure out how to get everyone involved other than creeping toward the paint. That spacing thing others have talked about. At times it looked more like a playground scrimmage than a professional game.

If KP can't figure out how to exploit mismatches in the post, he does need to go to the corner as a decoy.

Luka never really lit it up in the pre-season. Despite a couple weeks of practice, I'm wondering if his head is back from vacation yet.

Feels a little like the refs have decided that the non-basketball move thing means not calling any stuff unless it's blatant.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ ATL (1-0) | 113-87 loss - by michaeltex - 10-22-2021, 11:54 AM