Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 4: DAL (4-0) @ MIL (1-3) | 114-103 win
I was thrilled by the performance last night....although I believe the Mavs youngsters last year had a nice performance against the Bucks in the preseason in 2020. 

I may be wrong, but I don't recall Kidd calling a timeout last night.   It was a meaningless game, but I hope at times he lets the team play through their problems at times.  Phil Jackson always did this and I believe in the long run it helps a team.   I also like how Kidd is talking to the refs and the team.    It looks like a very calm, less animated discussion.  I am sure he will have blowups during the season, but I have liked what I have seen so far.

Brunson was awesome.   Sterling Brown fate will determined largely by him hitting threes, but I have liked what I have seen so far.   He looks like a guy who does a lot of little things and he is a guy who also looks for his shot.  And not a guy who only shoots when he is wide open.  There may be some play making potential there too.   Powell hits two more threes and again his form looks much improved.  Frank hit a low percentage of three point attempts but I thought his form looked good.   These are the type of games where you take those shots.  His defense looked great.  I liked the time he spent where he was pretty much playing the DFS position on offense.   I am not sure you want him as your first or secondary playmaker.  I actually would have liked to see more shot attempts by Josh Green.   But he had some nice moments, but he will have a hard time getting playing time to start the season imo.  

Eugene has showed me a nice feel for the game.   Not wow passes, but just solid passing.   He is also tough and plays hard.  I think he will have trouble finishing inside in the NBA, but there is something there.  I thought both Carlik and Hunt outplayed McLaughlin for the last two way spot in the games.   But who knows what happened in practice.    I actually prefer Hunt to Carlik though, eventhough Carlik is better now.    Hunt is younger and I believe has more of a chance to make it than a smaller shoot first point guard.   Hunt needs to develop his perimeter game, but I think it is worth investing in.  Hopefully he makes it to our G-league.  I also like bringing back EJ Onu back.  He is really raw, but I could see him as a two way guy next year.  I am glad the Mavs kept him close over the last month or so.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 4: DAL (4-0) @ MIL (1-3) | 114-103 win - by Chicagojk - 10-16-2021, 09:37 AM