Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jalen Brunson and Dorian Finney-Smith are eligible for 4-year, $55 million extensions
(09-29-2021, 12:16 PM)embellisher Wrote: I don't believe Brunson will settle for that, I think he wants to be UFA.

I sure hope DFS signs for that. If he hits FA, he will be getting money thrown his way for sure.

The way I understand it is 4/55 is his max, regardless of whether he hits UFA or not. So I don't think he really has a choice between settling for that or trying to get more somewhere else. He can get 4/55 from the Mavs or from someone else in UFA. Same money, regardless. At least I think that's how it will work for him. Same with DFS. A resident cap expert can correct me if I'm wrong though. So if they leave for more money it will be because the Mavs refused to offer that 4/55 while someone else was willing to pay it, or maybe in the case of Brunson for instance, another team offers him a starting role that we won't.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jalen Brunson and Dorian Finney-Smith are eligible for 4-year, $55 million extensions - by sterlingmallory - 09-29-2021, 01:54 PM