Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
(09-28-2021, 01:43 PM)F Gump Wrote: Is this just a game of semantics and sorting out the best labels?

I guess it's interesting to think about what a new coach might do. So maybe not "just" semantics. 

I agree with you on offense that one might want to pair a shooter and a close to the basket guy. You put KP in the "shooter" category. But Kidd has said things that make it sound like he wants to let KP set screens, roll, and post up, as well as shoot. To me, that puts KP in a "both" category, that would mostly play with the "shooter" category, so that he can set screens, roll and post up (just basing this on Coach's comments).

So maybe the offensive categories are (let's include DFS as the small ball 4):

Inside: DP, WCS, Boban, Moses
Outside: DFS, Maxi
Both: KP

If Kidd wants KP to set screens and post up, he may not play him with an inside guy. 
So offense suggests KP plays with Maxi and DFS mostly, and the other guys a little. 

But I think defense needs to be considered. On that side you have guys that can guard wings and guys who can't. I don't think you want two "can't guard wings" on the court. So...

Can guard wings: DFS, Maxi, DP
Can't guard wings: KP, WCS, Boban, Moses

Defense suggest KP plays with DFS, Maxi or DP.

So, if Coach goes by my Venn diagram (he probably won't, but what else do you want to talk about), then...

The Venn diagram suggests KP plays mostly with Maxi and DFS, but some with DP. 

Alrighty then, Senior Gump...tell me there's nothing to see here and that all this is obvious and that there's no need to put all this thought into this. :-)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by fifteenth - 09-28-2021, 03:44 PM