Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are tear it down and start fresh candidates?
A bit late to the party here but is it bad that I don't think there are any clear cut tear it down teams? 

Indiana seems to be the only moderate good team with intriguing pieces that could qualify as tearing it down? But the Carlisle hire tells me they're in it for at least 3 seasons before they press the big red button. 

I'm going to be controversial and say the Lakers. Lebron nearing 37. Over 7 players greater than 35 years old. Barely any assets or young players. On paper this SCREAMS tear it down and restart. But they aren't actually going to do it until Lebron retires/leaves. I do hope they continually underperform the league is better when the Lakers are bad. Forces E!SPN to talk about other things. 

Sacramento is another one, though they havent really built anything yet. Portland is an obvious candidate as well. 

Tough one to call. Lots of teams teetering on the edge of blowing it up. But all of them have big roadblocks preventing them from doing it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are tear it down and start fresh candidates? - by SleepingHero - 09-16-2021, 03:01 PM