Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
56.76%
21 56.76%
no
43.24%
16 43.24%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons?
(09-05-2021, 04:09 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Well you sure act like you know Ben Simmons personally, cause you know all about his lack of drive, desire and work ethic. Shy

Here is the On/Off for Philly´s play-off starters

Embiid +19.9
Simmons +19.5
Danny Green +17.1/Korkmaz +0.3
Curry +15.3
Harris -6.1

Bench

Thybulle -18
Milton -20
Howard -21
Maxey -6 (that bodes pretty well for the kid)

They build a 20 point lead in the time 35 minutes the starters play and blow it all in the just 13 minutes the bench plays.

So it´s pretty obvious that the problem is not Ben Simmons, but hey there is no story for ESPN, Bill Simmons and his Twitter mugs blaming Tobias Harris, their bench or Doc Rivers line-up choices, cause nobody would care.

Im just wondering why his teams city is through with him and why his coach and high profile teammate through him under the bus.  Because they are immature, emotional casuals, right?

You can move the goal post and claim its not Ben and blame line-ups or produce some stats that make casuals look lazy and uneducated...but I think Ben has flaws worth discussing.

How significant or insignificant is 4 vs 5 in playoffs?  Or does Ben not create that?  If he does create that...is that significantly more paralyzing than KP's PNR defense(or defense period)?  If Ben does not create 4 vs 5...how significant or insignificant is his half court offense, free throw shooting or lack of shooting period in a playoff series?  

I guess its all overblown and Ben is misunderstood and misrepresented.

I asked about being an insider because only insiders would know about KP's maturity and drive.   A bar fight and being a playboy dont equal immaturity, imo.   Unless I am missing a bunch of past dust ups KP has had...those two are what I see repeatedly used to paint KP's character in negative light.  I read people on here talk about KP being a pouty bitch in practice.   How do they know this and why is their employment with the Mavs such a secret?   Only insiders would know and I dont trust Mavs mouthpieces or beat writers if that is where someone is going to say they got their info.  So...the KP being immature thing doesnt resonate with me unless someone proves they are a Mavs employee.  Kp's lack of drive?  Maybe...kind of hard to tell when you have had bad luck with injuries.   Does he work on his game when able to?  I dont know...but how would anyone else know unless they are an insider?   Or is going home to Latvia considered lack of drive and immature for not being closer to the team in the offseason?  I will give you that at Max money and being injured often last few years...KP should do right by the Mavs and prove he is willing to work on his game by staying stateside or staying in Dallas and working with coaching staff.  At least take shorter trips to Latvia until he proves himself(if his trips to Latvia are even an issue within the Organization).  As well...Ben should prove he is willing to be coachable and improve his in game shooting volume instead of just "same ol' same ol'".

Look...Ben is extremely talented with crazy measurables and quickness and elite defense...but would his half court offense make things more difficult for our offensive minded Super Star to do work?  Are you saying that stats say he would not make things difficult for Luka?   The stats say teams will guard Simmons closely creating space even though he doesnt shoot and when he does is questionable at it?  

Whats worse...a high paid player that is a major injury concern...or a high paid player that most likely will have to be benched in the 4th quarter of playoff games?
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons? - by dynamicalVoid - 09-05-2021, 07:14 AM