Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
56.76%
21 56.76%
no
43.24%
16 43.24%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons?
(09-04-2021, 10:01 AM)soog Wrote: Only way I do it is if Simmons is willing to play PF in a spread offense.

On offense, I want him doing the pick-and-roll with Luka and cutting hard to the basket in a Powell like role.  I want him putting the ball on the floor and making back cuts to expose opposing PFs. I want him playing old-school, Donnie-style, Antoine Walker-like point-forward and bringing the ball up at times to give Luka a break and force the opposing PF to come out and guard him.  I don’t want him trying to play primary PG or off the ball guard where his poor shooting is put fully on display.

I want him switching with Luka on D, so he defends opposing team’s PGs while Luka marks the opposing team’s PF.

I think he would really excel in a role like this.

In the end I don’t think he would accept that role, so even if Philly would agree to it, I wouldn’t do it.

And that should be the number one indicator on how mature Ben is.   Talks should immediately be abandoned if he is not willing to compromise on changing his play style.

The fans, media and Philly wanted him to shoot and he refuses leading to this situation.

Now...I have read many people suggest this PF role for him on here and many in threads on RealGM suggesting it.   So...It seems like it must be a decent suggestion on how Ben could resurrect himself while working on shooting.

If Ben is just outright refusing to change up his game a little...who would sign this guy?

I dont blame Ben for not having a Mamba mentality and wanting to coast on God given measurables and quickness to cash NBA size checks...if he has other interests its his life...but you cant keep paying this guy top dollar unless something changes on Ben's side of things.  Personally...I think he is completely capable of being a shooter/scorer...just want to see it happen on a different team than the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons? - by dynamicalVoid - 09-04-2021, 10:51 AM