Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: DAL signs JaQuori McLaughlin (6'2.5" no shoes, 6'4.5" WS) to Two-Way Contract
I was a little disappointed in Onu release, but he is not even close to being an NBA player.   Hopefully they were able to build a connection with him and get him on the G-league team...even if he is not Mav property.  He is a few years off though....even if his percentage of making it to the NBA is pretty small.   It certainly appears he was cut loose to bring in a veteran on a non guaranteed deal.   I have no idea if I would prefer Stephenson or Thomas.  Probably either would jump on a non guaranteed deal.

I find it interesting Hinton has been radio quiet on twitter and intstagram since his release.  It is a tough business.  Spend most of your summer in Dallas getting to know the staff and then after a poor summer league your basketball future is in limbo.  You have to keep fighting though.  The league is filled with guys who just kept on grinding.   Hinton is also a long shot to make the NBA, but I will be keeping an eye on him as I think there is a roadmap where he makes it as a pro eventually.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: DAL signs JaQuori McLaughlin (6'2.5" no shoes, 6'4.5" WS) to Two-Way Contract - by Chicagojk - 09-04-2021, 07:40 AM