Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
56.76%
21 56.76%
no
43.24%
16 43.24%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons?
(09-02-2021, 06:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: In a way yes. This isn't a black and white situation though. 

If it was simple then yes, less teams=less chance at a good deal for Philly. But it's not. And there is a very realistic chance that Simmons just holds out and forces himself to go to the place where he wants to go. No team wants to invest whatever it'll cost to get him if Simmons just continues what he's doing. Player empowerment has muddled all trades involving all-stars. 

I agree that Philly's best play is to just wait. I'm pretty sure Simmons doesn't get paid if he voluntarily holds himself out of games. Can't see him accepting that for long. But it's a balancing act. Nothing is stopping Simmons from reporting and just playing like absolute shit, which will further drive down his value. 

I'm glad I don't have to figure this one out.

Yes it could get entertaining in a disgusting sort of way if he actually goes to the floor and deliberately plays poorly.  His contract as a drafted player with his originally drafted team was given the Max treatment on the assumption by the league that players wanting the Max contract would fundamentally at least honor the contract.  In a bad situation their agents would normally work behind the scenes.  I guess that was the old days?  

Players with a year or so left on their contract started blowing off the agreement to get where they want to be the way high profile Klutch guy Anthony Davis did to get a ring with his Klutch buddy Lebron.  

Now another guy Klutch guy but this time with 4 years on his deal could walk on the court to collect paychecks without actually competing for the team?  Coach Rivers would be forced to sit him while the teams pays him I guess.   I don't think his value would sink much for some teams because they know his talent to play basketball.  At some point though, you might think a players talents gets weighed against being a low character human being.  Probably not though. 
Seems bad for the NBA.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dahlsim's post:
  • embellisher, Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons? - by Dahlsim - 09-02-2021, 08:09 PM