Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
56.76%
21 56.76%
no
43.24%
16 43.24%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons?
(09-02-2021, 11:25 AM)Thukydides Wrote: Aren´t you contradicting yourself? The less teams Simmons is interested, the less negotiating leverage the Sixers have, so obviously the few teams will get a great deal.

In a way yes. This isn't a black and white situation though. 

If it was simple then yes, less teams=less chance at a good deal for Philly. But it's not. And there is a very realistic chance that Simmons just holds out and forces himself to go to the place where he wants to go. No team wants to invest whatever it'll cost to get him if Simmons just continues what he's doing. Player empowerment has muddled all trades involving all-stars. 

(09-02-2021, 04:49 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Morey's best play is let Simmons hold out as long as he must.  Its called honoring the contract. Four years is too long for Rich Paul and Klutch to play that game.  Ben Simmons will recover his value at some point and other NBA teams will be desperate for a difference maker, probably later this year. 

I agree that Philly's best play is to just wait. I'm pretty sure Simmons doesn't get paid if he voluntarily holds himself out of games. Can't see him accepting that for long. But it's a balancing act. Nothing is stopping Simmons from reporting and just playing like absolute shit, which will further drive down his value. 

I'm glad I don't have to figure this one out.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons? - by SleepingHero - 09-02-2021, 06:16 PM