Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
56.76%
21 56.76%
no
43.24%
16 43.24%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons?
(09-02-2021, 09:42 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Your attitude would be bad too if your coach and franchise player threw you under the bus. Attitudes can be corrected and adjusted in the right environment.  I think Simmons would be perfect for Dallas as a secondary ball-handler and playmaker to take some pressure off Luka. Plus, he's a elite defender and can cause havoc on the perimeter and passing lanes. Did I mention he's a good rebounder as well?

You have a point. But I suppose this is a case of which came first: the chicken or the egg?

Is Simmons attitude atrocious because of the unprofessional environment cultivated by the 76ers? Or are 76ers simply reacting to Simmon's attitude and have had enough of him being around the team?

The line is so blurry here it's hard to definitively call it. One thing going against Simmons is his absolute refusal to develop any sort of half-court offensive game. It doesn't take 6 years to learn how to shoot. If he really wanted to, he would have done it by now. And if shooting really isn't his forte, why would he not try to develop a post game? He has the footwork, the speed, the balance. All important attributes. His size and speed would make him a mismatch nightmare. Unfortunately that is also DOA. Further, all the supposed rumors of Ben wanting to go to a team in California because "he's a young socialite" just piles on that he's immature and basketball comes 2nd to him. 

Though, 76ers and their fanbase aren't known to coddle either. I wouldn't put it past them to piss Simmons off so much that he isn't motivated at all to work on his game.

It's obvious that Simmons would be the ideal 2nd/3rd star next to Luka. He does absolutely everything we've been clamoring for and more. But it's apparent to me that Simmons isn't going to improve as a shooter any time soon. The Mavs need to add him ALONG Porzingis (or another star that can shoot) for it to actually work.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: poll 2.0 you still trading KP for Simmons? - by SleepingHero - 09-02-2021, 10:01 AM