Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
(09-01-2021, 01:21 PM)omahen Wrote: Interesting question. I will take it seriously.

Good stuff.  I’ve done a much less formal survey and the place I’ve noticed Luka having an impact is TS%.  I’ve seen 20 basis point changes for several players, but I may be only remembering the positive numbers.  The good news for 21/22 is Bullock was already a .606 TS% last year.

Back to our previous discussion, I think you are trying too hard to create equivalency between JRich and Bullock.  I’m much less worried about Bullock’s numbers in the two prior years.  NY was the 30th and 28th best O in the league.  When you don’t create for yourself, you are dependent on the kindness of others and NY didn’t have much in the way of “others”.  Flash forward to a better NY team and his numbers are fantastic (with Elfrid Payton his PG much of the time).   There is just no comparison between RB at 42.5% on C&S threes or 45% from the corner and JRich at 32.3% and 31.5%.  I get the whole “burn me twice, shame on me” thinking.  And, there are no guarantees.  But Bullock starts from a much better place and has done things JRich hasn’t come close to achieving.  I’ll take that guy.

Defensively, I will repeat, Bullock often took the toughest defensive assignment for the number 3 defensive team in the league.  For whatever reason, JRich became unplayable for an average D.  I think we will see improvement on both sides of the ball.  It is fair to argue degree, but I don’t see how one argues it won’t be improvement at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-01-2021, 07:56 PM