Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
(08-31-2021, 09:19 AM)Mapka Wrote: I kinda liked what they did in 2019 and I´m not sure what they could have done really better this year realistically. Ball was such a done deal so long, even the NBA realized. Every other useful player was paid more than we could and should offer. I hate everything they did last year.

2019 was a disaster. All the mistakes Mavs made - Kemba left us at the altar (kind of happens to Dallas a lot), Miami trade fiasco, waiting like a teen in love for Green who was obviously in love with another "girl". This is before listing all the guys that would likely actually help Mavs - Brogdon (20), Bogdanovic (18), Young (15), Morris (15) just to name a few would enable Mavs to made all the other moves they made from 2019 on. 

Offseason is about recruiting. If you can't convince anyone you are a better destination than other teams, than you are unsuccessful by definition. If Chicago type of teams, who couldn't even make play-in last season, are seen as a more attractive destination than Mavs, then there is no hope... So let's just look at deals some players got this summer:
- Kemba signed for 9 mil, Schroeder and Mills for 6 mil. Mavs desperately need a PG and all of those at those numbers would be a reasonable gamble. Even Dinwiddie at 18 would be an upgrade over the current secondary facilitator (oh wait, we don't have one). 
- Fournier, Powell, Dinwiddie, Robinson, Trent, Ball could all be had and THJ retained with a little SnT creativity other teams showed.
- if we would lost Bullock because we wouldn't have full MLE, there were Monk, Oladipo, OPJ, Batum who all signed for vet min! Not even rMLE.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by omahen - 08-31-2021, 09:58 AM