Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
(08-31-2021, 07:37 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Edit:  I think an issue with the board (and certainly with Cuban) is the lack of value placed on singles and doubles.  If it isn't a home run, it isn't worth doing.  The good news, is there is still time for the new addition.  Could be before the season opens.  Could be at the TDL.  Part of me wonders if Dallas will forgo both of those opportunities and wait until between the draft and the end of the 21-22 NBA year where we will have a trade-able pick, still have the TPE and have expiring Powell or Maxi to play around with.

Moving to a totally different discussion. I don't think it is wise for Mavs to use assets on those "singles and doubles" at this point. I don't think they are one solid player away. I can't imagine adding any of the middle quality starter level players that would make Mavs a contender. Imagine Schroeder, Bogdanovic, Hield, Markkanen type of guys. Dragic if you wish. 3rd-4th best players on the team. I think Mavs need one better 2-way player - number two or a very good number three type of guy. That is why I think Mavs are done, unless such a type becomes available. Trades this season (if any) will be limited to improving around the edges with throwing around second rounders. I think they will wait till 2022 draft.

What bothers me is the total defeat Mavs had with cap space in both 2019 and 2021. That was their opportunity to improve (without wasting assets) yet they failed. That was time when they could have added those 3rd or 4th best player type of players to the team, even if overpaying a little. But Mavs rather chose value contracts for 5th-7th best type of players. Both seasons. We could see all those sign and trades and it is not difficult to imagine signing one 3rd-4th best type and THJ while signing a wing with rMLE. I am not a Ball fan but I would have signed him for that 20 mil per and a second rounder Chicago had to pay for him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by omahen - 08-31-2021, 09:01 AM