Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
(08-31-2021, 06:53 AM)omahen Wrote: That is all true, agree. But please mind the discussion was not about if Bullock is good enough to play, never claimed he is not. It was about him being the difference maker. I don't think those minutes/players listed were a reason why Mavs lost. Imho Mavs lost because there was no one to lift the team when Luka sat and because KP was not able to punish Clippers small ball on offense leading to their small ball killing our offense and defense creating mismatches. Bullock doesn't solve that either. He is (at best) a marginal improvement in areas that were not the core of our problem. Mavs just removed one option that didn't do well last season and added another, that we hope will be better while failed to address the biggest problems.

It is hard to argue that we addressed the need many cite as our biggest (secondary playmaker/creator).  But, I don't think you can argue that Bullock isn't improvement either.  The discussion, at least the part I joined, seemed to be about the Clippers series.  We can argue all day about whether he'd have been a "difference maker".  Much depends on how close you think we came in games three and six.  JRich couldn't defend anyone from the bench and couldn't hit threes from the bench or the court.  I don't envision a way LAC would have played Bullock off the court.

Does Bullock answer every question.  No.  Did Dallas do as much as we hoped with the resources they had.  No.  Does the Dallas bench have enough juice.  I've said I think they need one more real NBA player there (pray for a big step up from Green).  But, in the specific case of the LAC playoff series, it isn't hard to imagine Bullock making a timely stop or made three that could have flipped the series.  How many times did I pine for just some MLE type of guy like Crowder or Batum?  I think Bullock's potential to flip the series fulfills the definition of "difference maker" in the specific case that your question and my answer seemed to be addressing.

Edit:  I think an issue with the board (and certainly with Cuban) is the lack of value placed on singles and doubles.  If it isn't a home run, it isn't worth doing.  The good news, is there is still time for the new addition.  Could be before the season opens.  Could be at the TDL.  Part of me wonders if Dallas will forgo both of those opportunities and wait until between the draft and the end of the 21-22 NBA year where we will have a trade-able pick, still have the TPE and have expiring Powell or Maxi to play around with.
[-] The following 4 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Arioch, Hypermav, Kammrath, MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by DanSchwartzgan - 08-31-2021, 07:37 AM