Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
(08-30-2021, 07:28 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: First four games Maxi started and got 34+.  JRich came off the bench averaging 18+.  I suspect Bullock would have taken more than 18 minutes of the 52 JRich and Maxi shared, not to mention minutes Melli and Burke got.  So, I think it is fairly easy to see him getting minutes…possibly as a starter.

I don’t know what to say regarding games 5, 6 and 7.  We basically had four guys Carlisle trusted to play seven slots.  I bet Bullock could have had all the minutes he could stand in those games.

That is all true, agree. But please mind the discussion was not about if Bullock is good enough to play, never claimed he is not. It was about him being the difference maker. I don't think those minutes/players listed were a reason why Mavs lost. Imho Mavs lost because there was no one to lift the team when Luka sat and because KP was not able to punish Clippers small ball on offense leading to their small ball killing our offense and defense creating mismatches. Bullock doesn't solve that either. He is (at best) a marginal improvement in areas that were not the core of our problem. Mavs just removed one option that didn't do well last season and added another, that we hope will be better while failed to address the biggest problems.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by omahen - 08-31-2021, 06:53 AM