Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
(08-30-2021, 01:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The Mavs had one three men combination that dominated the Clippers. When Doncic/THJ/DFS shared the floor the Mavs outscored the Clippers by 46. The combination played 29 minutes per game. What happened in the remaining 19 minutes? Looking at the lineup data the Mavs are still in the game when two of them are on the floor. Mavs lost the series when two or more of them were on the bench.

I really hope that the addition of Bullock gives the Mavs another capable and versatile "matchup-proof" wing.

That´s a great observation. We knew we were short on good wings. Bullock might be a more important add than we realise yet.

(08-30-2021, 01:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: This. A player that can be "played off the floor" or can be turned into a liability shouldn´t be a top 5 rotation player. Obviously shouldn´t be paid like one. The Clippers series really highlighted the situation.

I guess this is pointed to KP. But the reality is: every player can be made a liability on the defensive end. As long as your offensive impact is great enough it doesn´t really matter.

The clutch defense is another beast and I believe a team with KP can turn it up in the half court. If we f*ck it up at the offensive end, there is no cure on defense.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by Mapka - 08-30-2021, 03:50 PM