Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
(08-30-2021, 07:38 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I thought a couple weeks ago that a September trade would be coming for the Mavs where DP or KP is out. It is hard to keep the faith on that, but I am going to stick to my prediction. I still think Ben Simmons could be clogging up the trade market and still think there is a real chance he is dealt before training camp (think PHI is just posturing). 

But if I am wrong on that, then I am with you on the roster construction.

I have not idea of knowing this, but just reading the tea leaves I think the mavs were caught off guard with Miami picking up Goran's option.    

I think clearly plan A was to get Lowry's commitment and then work with Toronto to see if they could have figured out a way for both Lowry and Hardaway.  Although looking back, this would have been a tough challenge with Toronto.  

When that didn't happen, I think the plan was to resign Hardaway, Look for a three and D wing like Batum or Bullock ( I think it was reported Dallas was interested in Batum).  Then use the rest of the money in the MLE range to sign Goran.    
When Miami picked up the option for Goran, Dallas was left without a dance partner and had to scramble as most player already had informal agreements.   WCS was picked up because they determined he was more valuable at 4 million than trying to find a better player at 4 million...not really as a guy who they have grand plans for.  Plus, maybe he could eventually be used in a trade.    Moses Brown was picked up as he may be a low cost asset on a cheap deal.   And Sterling Brown was signed for a small # with the BAE or the room they had left over.  

That is how I am reading the tea leaves.  Maybe it is wildly off, but it makes sense to me.  Dallas would have improved around the edges (something I was against at end of the season), but kept flexible moving forward.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, mavsluvr
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by Chicagojk - 08-30-2021, 07:58 AM