Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
Three scenarios:

1) KP plays center on both sides of the ball, with a big wing or uncommonly athletic 4 next to him. This could be successful if KP is ready to play this year and has the right mindset, AND if that guy at the 4 is up to it and the right fit. If either/both of those conditions aren't met, I think it fails.

2) KP as the 5 on defense and spacing the floor on offense, while a special fit player (let's say Powell) reverses that by playing the 4 (running his balls off) on defense and is the primary screen-setter on offense. We've seen this work before, and it could be great...IF Porzingis is ok with NOT "touching the ball" much on offense. 

3) Having a Powell (or Boban, or WCS, or Brown) out there and running the actions through Luka/KP. This, imo, would be truly counterproductive and (I don't mind saying) stupid. Having a player who can't shoot perform the role of a spacer is no longer something you see good teams try. 

I sincerely hope it's either 1 or 2, and we don't have to watch this team try to make scenario 3 work this season, like ever. I want to believe Kidd is smarter than that, but I suppose we don't know yet.

My pessimistic takeaway: Can't wait until making Porzingis fit into a winning strategy is some other team's problem.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by KillerLeft - 08-29-2021, 05:19 PM