Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center
I agree with the logic about the current roster (lots of bigs), but here are some equally relevant factors, imo:

1) They have said over and over that getting KP more involved is a priority. I think we assume this means more iso touches at the elbows or in the post, which absolutely will not be effective if there's a non-shooting big in the dunker spot. 

2) It could also mean more involvement of KP in the 2-man game with Luka. Again, I wonder about the wisdom of implementing this with a non-shooting big in the dunker spot. 

3) If a non-shooting big is on the floor in either of the above scenarios and NOT in the dunker spot, his defender will still be in the paint in either scenario. 

4) Playing KP with "traditional" center (I think that's exactly what KP is, tbqh, but I'm rolling with the narrative here) is, imo, the best possible way to ensure he has absolutely no chance at positively impacting the game on defense. 

Now, if the plan is to run a lot of two-man stuff with Powell or someone else, with KP spacing, fine, only that would NOT be involving KP more, as they have repeatedly said is their mission. And, I don't believe for a second that it's what KP wants, based on the many examples of him being asked. I suppose it's possible, though, and you could even convince me that it's the best path to choose (KP's opinion be damned). 

Again, I totally think this would help to explain the current makeup of the roster, so there's some supportive logic there. 

However, all-in-all, if this prediction winds up being correct, it will detract significantly from the early "benefit of the doubt" I have for both Harrison and Kidd. I think it would signal the coming of some major disappointment in our near future.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • mavsluvr, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: We will Start a Traditional Center - by KillerLeft - 08-29-2021, 04:26 PM