Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If We Are Done, Are We Finished?
(08-14-2021, 03:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Then, against the Clippers, he was simply not the same player. Their length seemed like it was a problem for him, imo, but he was definitely not as effective as his strong season had all of us hoping he would be. However, I don't subscribe to the "well, that's that" takes about it. I think it's possible that he learns how to solve those situations as he gains experience in them, but it's also possible that he does not. 

His play against the Clippers was so bad that we have to tell ourselves stories to resolve the dissonance between what we hope for and what we witnessed. 

The story I tell myself goes like, ‘He’s young, it was his first playoffs, he has intrinsic skills like shooting and he can improve as a player.’ And I also change the backdrop, ‘if it was just any defense but THOSE Clippers!’

My question is, how good does Brunson HAVE to be for us to win a championship? Can this version of Brunson, the one we know, receive the salary he’s due AND slot into a championship roster? I think the answer is somewhere in what Shaq refers to as the ‘others’.. if Jalen is an ‘other’ and KP is a star, I think the answer is YES! If it’s Lone Luka and the 7 bandits and Brunson is #3 of 7, I think the answers no.
Thank you Donnie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasBasketball's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by sefant - 08-14-2021, 02:15 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by sefant - 08-14-2021, 08:18 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by Mapka - 08-14-2021, 08:35 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by omahen - 08-14-2021, 09:03 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by Mapka - 08-14-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by omahen - 08-14-2021, 10:26 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by sefant - 08-14-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by DallasBasketball - 08-14-2021, 03:47 PM