Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If We Are Done, Are We Finished?
Another interesting point about the Bullock acquisition relates to Brunson. A lot of folks around here seem to want to trade him which in my view is nuts unless we're packaging him to get an All Star. People forget he was often the Mavs second best player last year. He was a sixth man candidate, he's young and improving. Brunson's upside is Fred VanVleet, but I digress. 

My point is Brunson - clearly one of Dallas' best five players - was often played off the floor when the Clippers went small. (You can legitimately argue with Carlisle's substitution patterns. Go back and look at the play-by-play and you'll see Carlisle repeatedly putting Brunson back in the game at critical moments, only to pull him minutes later to put more size on the floor). Unfortunately, at least according to VORP, the guy often replacing Brunson was contributing far less to winning basketball.

Bullock on the other had provides similar output (in different ways) while also bringing enough size to matchup with the Clippers small-ball lineup. If Bullock were on last year's roster, the Mavs likely beat the Clippers handily.
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • Fuerza1, ReunionMav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by vfromlmf - 08-13-2021, 09:22 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by sefant - 08-14-2021, 02:15 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by sefant - 08-14-2021, 08:18 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by Mapka - 08-14-2021, 08:35 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by omahen - 08-14-2021, 09:03 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by Mapka - 08-14-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by omahen - 08-14-2021, 10:26 AM
RE: If We Are Done, Are We Finished? - by sefant - 08-14-2021, 02:56 PM