Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAKE DAT WIT YOU Offseason Update 8/10
(08-11-2021, 11:13 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I think most fans probably think the Mavs need more of a talent infusion than I do (of course I always "want" more talent, just do not think it is priority one). You are spot on that I think "priority one" for this offseason was fixing the chemistry issues that I believed were there.

It will be very interesting if Kidd is indeed the right guy for this job. He might have one thing going for him above all else, he is not RC. Again, don't misunderstand me as "scapegoating" RC, it is just that from Luka and KP's perspectives "anyone else" might be an improvement. I am incredibly interested to see the vibes that come out of training camp this year.

P.S. There is always the possibility of the "honeymoon" where everyone is happy because change has happened....and then reality eventually sets in that maybe Kidd isn't any better of a fit and he also clashes with Luka. I am hopeful that is not the case, because I am not aware of Luka having a "history" of clashing with coaches.

I had the impression that the issues with RC were more to do with KP than Luka, but maybe they extended to most everybody. 

There is some stuff on Twitter today with clips of excerpts from the new book on Giannis, having to do with Kidd as the coach. If the incidents are true, they make RC look downright relaxed. But even if they are true, Kidd may well have seen the light in his time at the Lakers.  EDIT: Looks like you've already posted some of it in another thread.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAKE DAT WIT YOU Offseason Update 8/10 - by mavsluvr - 08-11-2021, 12:02 PM