Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAKE DAT WIT YOU Offseason Update 8/10
(08-11-2021, 10:02 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I think it is "addition by subtraction" that would change the chemistry for the better. 

1) I think JR was a terrible fit on-the-court, so him being gone and upgraded massively improves the on court team.

2) I think (as stated above) that the dynamic of Luka-KP-RC was straight up toxic. So removing RC (not because he alone was "the problem") should do incredible wonders for the team chemistry IMO. I still doubt Luka and KP can totally figure it out on and off the court, but not having RC in the mix should be a big improvement IMO. 

I could of course be wrong, time will tell. But I am truly very hopeful. I was rooting for these two changes basically since December (as I had diagnosed them as the problem from my seat starting back then), so I am pretty stoked about things moving forward.
Carlisle was apparently not great at most personal interactions. I say this from the way he carried himself, interacts with media, interacts with players, etc. I always had the impression that he wanted a competitive locker room, not necessarily a complacent one. Combined with the constant roster turnover the last several years, this environment didn't lead to much chemistry building.  At least to my eyes.

Add in injuries, a short preseason and COVID effects, last season never really had a chance since they whole team didn't really get together until after the ASG. I was pretty happy with making the playoffs and missing the play-in. 

The Bubble team from the year before seemed to have more chemistry, probably because they were forced to spend time together. I never got the same sense about last year's team. I'm hoping a more normal schedule, change in leadership style by the coaching staff and more familiarity between teammates will help improve the team's chemistry this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAKE DAT WIT YOU Offseason Update 8/10 - by michaeltex - 08-11-2021, 10:34 AM