Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAKE DAT WIT YOU Offseason Update 8/10
(08-11-2021, 09:21 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: How do you mean that?

1. The Mavs had as much talent as any other team, just didn't have chemistry. 

2. The Mavs were at a talent disadvantage, but that was not as important as their lack of chemistry. 

3. Something else entirely. 

4. The most important chemistry is (a) on the court, (b) off the court, or, © both.

My opinion on the Mavs talent last year...

Because of Luka, the talent gap between the Mavs and the other best teams in the league is not that great. The NBA is a star driven league and so Luka alone basically gets the Mavs into a "contender" conversation all by himself. Yes, KP's performance and cohesion was very lacking last year, but I don't think he is lacking in talent. I do think the rest of the Mavs roster COULD use a talent boost, but I think the Mavs do have solid NBA players throughout most of the roster. Last year the Mavs ran into one of the few teams in the league that I think HAD a clear talent advantage on the Mavs: LAC. I think PG13 & KL are top 12-15 players in the league because of their two way ability to affect a game. Assuming full health, I think only LAC and BRK (and then maybe LAL and MIL, but not sure) had a clear talent advantage on the Mavs last year and were in the "top tier" above them (I think the Mavs are in the second tier of talent in the NBA landscape). 

My opinion on the Mavs chemistry last year...

I think the Mavs were missing chemistry in all three of the important areas: 1) On-the-court, 2) in the lockerroom, and 3) off-the-court (everyday life). I think the first two are the most important. Because of the clear lack of chemistry in all areas (and I believe chemistry starts at the "top"), I stated repeatedly last year that the triangle of Luka-KP-RC must be broken up in the offseason. I assumed it would be KP to go, but RC volunteered. I do not think RC was "the problem" (and do not think he should be a "scapegoat") but I think he was an incredibly poor fit with Luka and KP from a chemistry standpoint. I still question if that is enough of a change. Is removing RC from the dynamic enough to fix the lack of chemistry with Luka and KP? My gut says it is a HUGE improvement but not enough to get where we want the Mavs to be....but the Mavs would know more than me and maybe they do think it is enough (or they need to bide their time to find the right deal for KP).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAKE DAT WIT YOU Offseason Update 8/10 - by Kammrath - 08-11-2021, 09:57 AM